Thursday, September 3, 2015

Way Overdue


This post is way overdue, like a month overdue.  I have been busy; working, planning, vacationing, relaxing, so I guess that’s a little bit of an excuse. Truth is, I’ve been lazy, and my computer has been running extremely slow, which was also my fault since it had about 4 different programs that needed to be updated. On the plus side, there will be two posts this week! This post is about the awesome experience I had about a month ago helping a friend of a friend with a wedding! Some of you may have heard of her, others who haven’t really need to check her out because she is awesome at what she does! Her name is Kat and she is a wedding planner plus so much more. Her website is dearsweetheartevents.com, on her website you can see she is not just a wedding planner but also the creator and educator of so much more! I met her through Katelyn Alsop, a wedding photographer (you should also check her out).
Meeting Katelyn about 5 years ago was one of the best things that happened to me in my high school career and then having her tell me about Kat got me even more excited. I emailed with Kat back and forth for a few months until we finally met face to face, which also happened to be the day of the wedding I was assisting her with. When I met Kat outside her brand new (adorable) house I instantly was so excited! I drove two hours to meet with her and then she and I had about two hours together in the car driving to our destination. I learned so much about her and she gave me some amazing advice about starting my future business. The experience I had with her was so eye opening and taught me a lot. Kat was extremely organized, she got everything done in a timely fashion but still made it fun and a learning experience at the same time!
That weekend with Kat and assisting her was one of the highlights of the summer. I learned how to organize stuff specifically for planning a wedding, I learned punctuality, how to please people at the event while getting what needs to be done, done, and what little details go into an event that aren’t always thought of when thinking about planning a wedding. I fully enjoyed my experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment