Thursday, October 5, 2017

Resart

This week I decided to restart. It’s been a very busy season with 1 funeral, 5 weddings, and two more left in the last 2 months along with countless meetings and my other side jobs. I took Laura Foote’s advice and cleaned, organized, decluttered and made my room (since I don’t own a home) feel fresh again! As I have mentioned before, I lived in Radford for most of the last 4 years while I studied for my Communication degree. While I definitely had a smaller space while I was in school, I managed to acquire a lot of stuff. A lot. Whether it was clothes, décor, furniture, storage containers…you name it, I had it. Since moving back home, my stuff has been in all areas of my parent’s house except for the extra furniture, that was placed in a storage unit! This week I decided that with the cooler temperatures, I needed to get out all of my fall clothes.
I brought down all 5 containers from the attic and realized that this wasn’t just going to be a quick change out of clothes but instead a massive clean out and organization week. I’m honestly wondering how all of my fall clothes fit in my room of my college apartment, but then I remembered that my closet actually broke twice while in my senior year. Like the rod literally broke off the wall the first time and the second time the rod broke. My minimalist roommate kindly yelled at me to “get rid of all that crap”. Fast forward to now, where my closest has much more space! I spent 3 days throwing stuff away, going through everything that had accumulated over 4 years of living back and forth, making a pile of donation clothes and cleaning. It was exhausting but, you know what? I feel SO much better!! Even though I have two more weddings, am applying for jobs, working my other jobs, and trying to have a social life with my friends, I feel incredibly less stressed out!
If you’re feeling stressed and your brain is way too cluttered for your own good, take a day or 3 to clean. You could choose one room or your whole house/apartment and I garuntee you’ll be much better and more productive!



No comments:

Post a Comment