Friday, January 6, 2017

Baby Alsop Shower!!

Some of you may have noticed I posted an Instagram yesterday saying I had a surprise coming soon…well, here it is!! For about a month I have been planning a surprise baby shower for Katelyn Alsop. Michael was my youth pastor and Katelyn and Michael have continued to play a very active role in my life. Every winter for the last few years they had a Christmas party for the high school and college students and I always looked forward to it! This year I wanted to do something for them and since Katelyn is pregnant, a baby shower was a perfect idea!
Thanks to Michael we had kept it a secret for about a month while I planned it! I had SO much fun, especially over the last few days getting all the decorations together, baking cupcakes and visualizing how everything would come together. I had the help of Katie, a long time friend, help me come up with cute ideas and fun things to do as well and she helped me set everything up! I was so excited I got to plan an event myself, including colors, theme, food and games! The best part was seeing everything come together and having all the girls and Katelyn and Michael together!
Katelyn and Michael have showed me what true love, caring for others, appreciating life and having a strong relationship with God really looks like. From the moment they walked into our church they wrapped their arms around us and haven’t let go since. Last night, we looked at old pictures from past retreats and mission trips. We laughed, reminisced and brought up how Katelyn would come on the retreats even after shooting a wedding, driving hours alone just to spend a couple hours with us. She would also fly out to some mission trip late after having a wedding to be with the youth for the rest of the trip. Even after a shift in the youth group, growing up, the youth getting older and now being young adults, they are still so present in our lives and role models to me. That is what true dedication and love is and we are forever grateful for her and Michael.

I know they will care for, love, listen to, share with, and teach their little girl the same way they did, and still do with us, making them AMAZING parents. They started off with teenagers and loving them so well, now they get to start over with a little bundle of joy. Katelyn and Michael, I wish you the best and look forward to meeting your precious baby in just a few weeks, she is so blessed already!!

               




No comments:

Post a Comment